Saturday June 26th 2:00-6:00 pm Magic the Gathering Special Event
Tuesday July 29th- 10:30 am Story time for kids ages 0-3. Join Rita for stories, crafts and a snack.
1:00-2:00 pm Make a pinata for our 5th annual Fiesta Day on August 2nd
Thursday June 31st 10:30 am Story hour for kids ages 3-5. Join Rita for stories, crafts and a snack
1:00- 2:00 pm Make a pinata for our 5th annual Fiesta Day on August 2nd
Friday August 1st- 10:00 am Gentle/beginner yoga with Meg. $12 per session
6:00-8:00 pm Reception for Hunt Art Wall exhibit Of Cloth and Clay Soft Sculpture and Ceramics by Ginny and John Dildine. Free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
Saturday August 2nd- 10:00 am to 1:00 pm Upstairs Downstairs Monthly Book Sale. New, used and rare, new inventory every month!
12:00 to 2:00 pm 5th Annual Fiesta Day! Pinata, stories, latino snacks and dancing with Gertrude Delgado!
Join assistant director Meg Sher for yoga in the beautiful main room of the library. This class is perfect for beginners or people looking for a more gentle practice. Meg incorporates relaxation, breathing techniques and asanas for an hour long practice that will leave you feeling calm and rejuvenated. Give yourself the gift of yoga!
Fridays at 10 am throughout August. Beginner/gentle yoga class. $12 per session.
2014 Summer Reading!
Tuesday & Thursday July 29th & 31st 1:00-2:00 pm Make a Pinata
Saturday August 2nd 12:00 to 2:00 pm Fifth Annual Fiesta Day! Pinata, story, Latino snacks and dancing with Gertrude Delgado!
Tuesday August 5th 2:00-4:00 pm Pawns and Rooks- chess with Jeff Ruskin
Wednesday August 6th 2:00-4:00 pm Whittle a Whistle with Joe Brien Ages 6 and up
Thursday August 7th 10:30 am Outing to Great Mountain Forest
Thursday August 14th 11 am- noon Science Snoopers with Jean Mai, explore the world of the octopus!
Wednesday August 20th at 4:30 pm- Pizza party for Summer Reading participants
See the Children and Teens page for more details on our Summer Reading Programs! You can sign up at the children’s desk anytime the library is open!
Upstairs Downstairs Monthly Book Sale!
Saturday August 2nd from 10am to 1pm
Lots of new inventory! New, used, rare and much more!
Friends of the David M. Hunt Library Quarterly Meeting
Saturday August 9th at 9 am at the library
Join a great group of people and support the library!
SIGN UP FOR THE SUMMER READING PROGRAM FROM JUNE 18th TO JULY 1st
For details about all the events listed below, visit the Children’s page.
• July 15th – Tuesday, 10:30am – trip to GREAT MOUNTAIN FOREST
• July 16th – Wednesday, 3:30pm-4:30pm – Go Green with our 4-H Educators!
• July 17th – Thursday, 11am-12pm – Jean Mai’s “SCIENCE SNOOPERS”
“Who’s There?” – A look at sea monsters and history….Loch Ness and others!
• July 23th – Wednesday, 3:30-4:30, 4-H – “SWEET SCIENCE”
How do Pop Rocks pop?? Join us for some delicious experiments!!
• July 24th – Thursday, 2pm –DESIGN A VERY UNIQUE TEE SHIRT – you bring the shirt, we supply the rest – HINT….”a librarian’s date stamp” – all ages welcome!
• July 29th & July 31st – Tuesday & Thursday, 1pm-2pm – MAKE A PINATA!
for our 5th Annual Fiesta Day on August 2nd
• August 2nd – Saturday, 12pm-2pm – Our 5th Annual FIESTA DAY!!
Piñata, story, Latino snacks, and dancing with Gertrude Delgado!
• August 5th – Tuesday, 2pm-4pm – “PAWNS & ROOKS” – chess with Jeff Ruskin
• August 6th – Wednesday, 2pm – 4pm WHITTLE A WHISTLE with Joe Brien
ages 6+ …under 8yrs, with a parent please
• August 7th – Thursday, 10:30am – OUTING TO GREAT MOUNTAIN FOREST
• August 14th – Thursday, 11am-12pm – “SCIENCE SNOOPERS” with Jean Mai
”CREATURE FEATURE” – explore the world of the octopus!
• August 20th – Wednesday, 4:30pm – PIZZA PARTY for summer reading program participants